Dear Eastside Arts Alliance friends and family,
You help keep our voices strong and our work relevant.
Your support of the messages and images we create, in service to neighborhood development, cultural awareness, and resilience, is a driving force. Our work is a reflection of your inspiration and connection. In these times when many of our lives, communities, and the futures of our children face extreme and evident crisis, we continue to maintain a community space for the process of creating progressive art and revolutionary movements that target all ages. Our work builds bridges between disenfranchised communities and helps create safe, self-determined neighborhoods.
With you beside us, we are committed to working in the San Antonio and other Oakland neighborhoods to support a creative environment and to advocate for progressive, systemic social change. Now in our third year together with community partners such as The East Oakland Collective, East Oakland Building Healthy Communities, Dellums Institute for Social Justice, and Allen Temple Baptist Church, we are of creating a Black Cultural Zone to secure a foothold in East Oakland that will support thriving neighborhoods. Importantly, our ongoing programming includes:
• LAIR (Live Arts in Resistance), a multidisciplinary performing arts project where artists and audience members engage in meaningful dialogue about innovative ideas and experimental work, while redefining aesthetics and ethics that will decolonize our minds,
• CARP (Community Archival Resource Project), a permanent collection of Third World archival materials of audio, video, print, and digital documentation which partners with Bandung Books, a recently opened onsite community bookstore & cultural literacy center accessible five days weekly,
• EastSide Galleries which host local and national photographers and visual artists, as well as archival footage including posters, broad sides, books, buttons, poetry, vinyl, and other items that speak to Third World cultural movements,
• Neighborhood Arts programming which hosts community artmaking workshops and produces inspiring murals on timely topics and community concerns in addition to First Fridays film & discussion groups, Holla Back poetry reading, SUYA contemporary African cultural events, Girls Project for neighborhood teen girls, Beats & Flow digital music making, and
• Annual Traditions such as Dia de los Muertos, Holiday Art and Book Sale, the Malcolm X Jazz Arts Festival (currently in it’s 19th year!) and the Xicana Power Block Party, all co-produced with community organizations.
We are asking for your financial support.
Your contribution, of any size, will help further our work, support strategic approaches to community building, and provide opportunities for purposeful community transformation. Donate TODAY!
Thank you for your generous support.
The EastSide Arts Alliance Collective
P.S. EastSide Arts Alliance is a 501(c)(3) non-profit under federal tax ID# 74-3073621. Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 17008, Oakland, CA 94601